Sabiia Seb
        Busca avançada

Botão Atualizar

Botão Atualizar

Registro completo
Provedor de dados:  ArchiMer
País:  France
Título:  A combined microsatellite multiplexing and boiling DNA extraction method for high-throughput parentage analyses in the Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas)
Autores:  Taris, Nicolas
Baron, S
Sharbel, Tim
Sauvage, Christopher
Boudry, Pierre
Data:  2005-03
Ano:  2005
Palavras-chave:  Oysters
Parental assignment
High throughput
Larval DNA extraction
Resumo:  The analysis of parentage using microsatellite markers is of increasing importance, notably in aquaculture genetic research where communal rearing of mixed families can be used to reduce unwanted environmental variance. We present here an optimization of parental genotype assessment for larvae or adults of the Pacific oyster, Crassostrea gigas, using a multiplex system of three microsatellite loci. In conjunction with a simple DNA extraction protocol, this method enables high throughput analyses of parentage in C. gigas. Using this method, we successfully determined the parentage of 93% (1224 out of 1318) of the progeny in a factorial cross between 3 females and 10 males. The inability to genotype the remaining 7% was due to DNA degradation of larvae rather than assignment uncertainty.
Tipo:  Text
Idioma:  Inglês

Editor:  Blackwell science
Formato:  application/pdf
Fonte:  Aquaculture Research (1355-557X) (Blackwell science), 2005-03 , Vol. 36 , N. 5 , P. 516-518
Direitos:  2005 Blackwell Publishing, Inc.

Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária - Embrapa
Todos os direitos reservados, conforme Lei n° 9.610
Política de Privacidade
Área restrita

Parque Estação Biológica - PqEB s/n°
Brasília, DF - Brasil - CEP 70770-901
Fone: (61) 3448-4433 - Fax: (61) 3448-4890 / 3448-4891 SAC:

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional