Sabiia Seb
        Busca avançada

Botão Atualizar

Botão Atualizar

Registro completo
Provedor de dados:  BJM
País:  Brazil
Título:  Activity of glycosidases from freshwater heterotrophic microorganisms on the degradation of extracellular polysaccharide produced by Anabaena spiroides (Cyanobacteria)
Autores:  Colombo,Vanessa
Vieira,Armando A.H.
Data:  2004-06-01
Ano:  2004
Palavras-chave:  Anabaena spiroides
Extracellular polysaccharides
Heterotrophic microorganisms
Resumo:  The activity of specific glycosidases during the degradation of the extracellular polysaccharide (EPS) produced by Anabaena spiroides was determined using MUF-substrates (MUF-monosaccharides). Polysaccharide degradation was found to occur in a two-phase process. The first consisted of high enzymatic activity that consumed 41% of the EPS at a relatively high rate, while the second consumed the remaining polysaccharide (59%) at a slower rate. A transition phase from the higher to the slower degradation rates was marked by a replacement of bacterial populations from coccoid to bacillus cells. During the degradation process, the bacterial biomass increased with the decrease of EPS, as revealed by bacterial cell counts. The enzymatic activity detected through the substrates MUF-alpha-D- and MUF-beta-D-glucoside was higher than that detected by other substrates tested. The remaining glycosides were MUF-alpha-L-rhamnopyranoside, MUF-beta-D-galactoside, MUF-alpha-D-mannopyranoside, MUF-beta-D-fucoside, MUF-beta-D-mannopyranoside, MUF-alpha-L-arabinopyranoside, and MUF-beta-L-fucoside. The fluorescence emitted by each MUF-substrate was proportional to the concentration of the corresponding monosaccharide in A. spiroides EPS. This demonstrates the susceptibility of EPS produced by A. spiroides to enzymatic attack by bacterial populations.
Tipo:  Info:eu-repo/semantics/article
Idioma:  Inglês
Editor:  Sociedade Brasileira de Microbiologia
Relação:  10.1590/S1517-83822004000100018
Formato:  text/html
Fonte:  Brazilian Journal of Microbiology v.35 n.1-2 2004
Direitos:  info:eu-repo/semantics/openAccess

Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária - Embrapa
Todos os direitos reservados, conforme Lei n° 9.610
Política de Privacidade
Área restrita

Parque Estação Biológica - PqEB s/n°
Brasília, DF - Brasil - CEP 70770-901
Fone: (61) 3448-4433 - Fax: (61) 3448-4890 / 3448-4891 SAC:

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional