Sabiia Seb
PortuguêsEspañolEnglish
Embrapa
        Busca avançada

Botão Atualizar


Botão Atualizar

Registro completo
Provedor de dados:  IRD
País:  France
Título:  Can host body size explain the parasite species richness in tropical freshwater fishes ?
Autores:  Guégan, Jean-François
Lambert, A.
Levêque, Christian
Combes, C.
Euzet, L.
Data:  1992
Ano:  1992
Palavras-chave:  ECTOPARASITE
POISSON D'EAU DOUCE
RELATION HOTE PARASITE
ENVIRONNEMENT
ANALYSE QUANTITATIVE
CORRELATION STATISTIQUE
MONOGENE
TAILLE
Resumo:  The variability of monogenean gill ectoparasite species richness in 19 West African cyprinid species was analyzed using the following seven predictor variables : host size, number of drainage basins, number of sympatric cyprinid species, host diversity, association with mainland forest, host ecology, and monogenean biological labelling. The size of the host species accounted for 77% of the variation in the number of parasite species per host, and host ecology and additional 8%. Together the effects of host size and host ecology accounted for 85% of the variation in monogenean species richness. This study shows that the deciding factors for explaining monogenean species richness in West African cyprinid fishes are host species size and host ecology. These results were compared with main factors responsible for parasite species richness in fish communities. Other possible explanations of monogenean community structure in West African cyprinids are discussed. (Résumé d'auteur)
Tipo:  Text
Idioma:  Inglês
Identificador:  http://www.documentation.ird.fr/hor/fdi:40058

oai:ird.fr:fdi:40058

Guégan Jean-François, Lambert A., Levêque Christian, Combes C., Euzet L. Can host body size explain the parasite species richness in tropical freshwater fishes ?. Oecologia, 1992, 90, p. 197-204.
Formato:  text/pdf
Fechar
 

Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária - Embrapa
Todos os direitos reservados, conforme Lei n° 9.610
Política de Privacidade
Área restrita

Embrapa
Parque Estação Biológica - PqEB s/n°
Brasília, DF - Brasil - CEP 70770-901
Fone: (61) 3448-4433 - Fax: (61) 3448-4890 / 3448-4891 SAC: https://www.embrapa.br/fale-conosco

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional