Sabiia Seb
        Busca avançada

Botão Atualizar

Botão Atualizar

Registro completo
Provedor de dados:  International Journal of Morphology
País:  Chile
Título:  The Recurrent Laryngeal Cardiac Nerve in Fetuses
Autores:  De Gama,B. Z
Satyapal,K. S
Data:  2014-06-01
Ano:  2014
Palavras-chave:  Recurrent laryngeal cardiac nerve
Vagus nerve
Cardiac plexus
Resumo:  The recurrent laryngeal nerve has been reported to supply cardiac branches to the cardiac plexus. A review of anatomical literature on the existing term used to describe these branches revealed that varying interpretations and descriptions exist among various authors. Therefore, this study aimed to investigate the origin and incidence of branches from the recurrent laryngeal nerves to the cardiac plexus and their connections with sympathetic cardiac nerves. The sample comprised 40 cadaveric fetuses (n=80) (gestational ages: 16-30 weeks). The recurrent laryngeal cardiac nerve was described as the cardiac branch that originated directly from the recurrent laryngeal nerve and reached the superficial or deep parts of the cardiac plexus. This study found the recurrent laryngeal cardiac nerve in 76% of the cases contributing direct and indirect branches in 75% and 25% of the cases, respectively. This study recorded only two (2%) of these branches contributing to the superficial cardiac plexus while the rest (74%) of these branches contributed to the deep cardiac plexuses. The remaining 24% had no contributions from the recurrent laryngeal nerve to either the superficial or deep part of the cardiac plexus. The most common point of origin for the recurrent laryngeal cardiac nerve was at the lower distal part in 59% of the specimens. In the remaining 41% of branches, this nerve originated from the point of curvature, upper proximal part and both the point of curvature and lower distal part in 26%, 10% and 5% of the specimens.
Tipo:  Journal article
Idioma:  Inglês
Editor:  Sociedad Chilena de Anatomía
Formato:  text/html
Fonte:  International Journal of Morphology v.32 n.2 2014

Empresa Brasileira de Pesquisa Agropecuária - Embrapa
Todos os direitos reservados, conforme Lei n° 9.610
Política de Privacidade
Área restrita

Parque Estação Biológica - PqEB s/n°
Brasília, DF - Brasil - CEP 70770-901
Fone: (61) 3448-4433 - Fax: (61) 3448-4890 / 3448-4891 SAC:

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional